Can a license go local then remote?
I'm fairly sure I can custom code this if I have to, but I was wondering if there is already support for this.

I would like my program to first attempt to validate a local license, and if that fails then try to go remote. If the remote is valid, then it should generate a new local license to replace the old invalid one. If remote is invalid, then terminate access to the software.

This way I can have my software check say every 2 days, to ensure the license is still valid.

Is this already supported and if so, how? I see only options for local or remote, but not both.

Thanks,

Jonathan
No, not local then remote but there is support for remote then local.
First it checks remote, if server is down then it checks local. As long as remote server is accessible, local will be ignored.
Thank you,
PHPLicengine Management
----------------------------------
Unsolicited PMs will be ignored. All questions must be asked in forums.
Encrypt and License your PHP script
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Blog
Follow us on Google+
(10-28-2009, 03:54 PM)Admin Wrote: No, not local then remote but there is support for remote then local.
First it checks remote, if server is down then it checks local. As long as remote server is accessible, local will be ignored.

I see... how would one select that in the admin area? It only has local OR remote choices.

I specifically need local then remote, so that every single call by their software doesn't generate a request to my server. Since it's web page generation software, people could easily be sending thousands of calls per minute with some of my high volume users, and it would be far better for it to just be a local call first.

Jonathan
For remote+local, you should set license type as "Local", then use /docs/remote_local.php and /docs/script_remote_local.php
Quote:...sending thousands of calls per minute...
You can enforce just a few core files (i.e. admin area etc.) to not get thousands of calls and this is what almost all major softwares do.
Thank you,
PHPLicengine Management
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Blog
Follow us on Google+
Thanks for the suggestion... actually however in my situation I need to protect a page that lots and lots of traffic gets sent to. I need to be able to shut off complete access to the software if the person requests a refund, etc. and that means I need the ability to shut down their entire software and not just the admin area. This is why the local check first is so critical, as well as only checking every couple of days. My high volume users send hundreds of thousands of hits per day to the software and if every one of those made a remote call, it would be very bad indeed. Smile

Jonathan
I did check your code you sent us and it seems, it is calling remote 12 per year because local key would be valid for 1 month, but if monthly local renewal fails, it will call remote on every page refresh.
Thank you,
PHPLicengine Management
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Blog
Follow us on Google+

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  License activation diogogpinto 1 2,919 02-02-2012, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Admin
  License per domain? KSosz 1 3,289 09-20-2011, 11:35 PM
  Remote License Communications Question phpdog 1 3,171 09-01-2011, 01:34 AM
  Requesting information on User Licenses, Local Licensing, Integration etc. nikhil 8 12,415 09-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Last Post: nikhil
Sad remote License are invalid xanario 9 11,791 06-26-2010, 08:48 AM
  This license is generated by PHPLicengine string causing errors RSS feed richowen 3 5,896 06-15-2010, 10:44 PM
  Remote licensing script customization akania 17 19,279 06-06-2010, 09:23 AM
  location of license file advantusmedia 11 18,042 02-26-2010, 09:34 AM
  The license file is not found. VicToMeyeZR 1 4,951 12-16-2009, 02:00 AM
  License based on multiple domains, possible? woscom 3 7,474 11-09-2009, 03:27 AM