IonCube for client side
Hi,

I'm trying the demo of PHPLicengine right now. Looks nice, however the only downside I think is that my client needs to support IonCube as well.
Since I cannot be sure that every client has IonCube loader installed, I'd like to know whether there's another way to do the license check (without any need for addidional stuff installed on clients side).
ionCube loader is widely used on almost all hosts and is well-recognized, I don't think you should be worry about it, it can be installed in php.ini by hostmaster or used run-time if you provide /ioncube/ folder with your software.
Anyway, you'll need to encode your own software with ionCube to prevent your users to remove the license checking code block and skip license validation.
Thank you,
PHPLicengine Management
----------------------------------
Unsolicited PMs will be ignored. All questions must be asked in forums.
Encrypt and License your PHP script
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Blog
Follow us on Google+
Run-time IonCube loading is not supported anymore from PHP v 5.2.5 on. And to rely too much on the client's webhost is something I don't want to. I want my software to be able to run on any configuration.

I'm not using IonCube to encode my own software (I use encrypting instead of encoding). Good enough to do the trick I hope...
No, this does not mean that ionCube people did stop support for php >5.2. They are going to offer a loader for 5.3. and higher too. Anyway, PHPLicengine is ionCubed. Sorry.
Thank you,
PHPLicengine Management
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Blog
Follow us on Google+
(10-28-2009, 03:07 AM)Admin Wrote: it can be installed in php.ini by hostmaster or used run-time if you provide /ioncube/ folder with your software.

Does that mean that by including the /ioncube/ folder, the ioncube encoded software would be able to install-function even if the client's server doesn't have ioncude loader installed?

Note: sorry...no intention to hijack this thread...but since my question was based on the Admin's reply, I posted my question here instead. Thanks!
If dl() function is not disabled in phpinfo, yes, distribute /ioncube/ folder to your users and the ioncube encoded software will be run, if ionCube loader is installed on phpinfo already, /ioncube/ folder will be ignored.
Thank you,
PHPLicengine Management
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Blog
Follow us on Google+
it would be great if you could include a zend encoded version of the "checker.php" file so our clients could have the choice between the ionCude / zend encoded versions of our software because that is what i dist. my software in....

ALSO:

in the next version i would like to suggest that instead of having the make a new product for every lic. type make one product and downloads then have the ability to attach different license types and the clients actually purchase the license types and in the integration code is take care of all the checks for it....
Sorry, for security reasons we are not considering zend. What about a SourceGuardian version instead, if you are interested?
We will look into your feature request if possible to add.
Thank you,
PHPLicengine Management
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Blog
Follow us on Google+

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which version of IonCube? inetdog 1 3,348 04-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Admin
  Does ServerCheck verify IonCube? inetdog 2 4,626 04-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Last Post: inetdog
  Integrating Ioncube mark 4 5,968 09-20-2011, 11:44 PM
  What is the most easy way to protect my code without ionCube, just add some code? tac-hub 1 3,732 01-18-2011, 06:44 AM
  5% off for ioncube owners? kennethpochubay 5 9,972 06-30-2010, 11:30 PM
  Ioncube integration creamedia 3 242,458 01-07-2010, 03:22 AM